home decorating

 IMG_7597

I love adding new art to my home, especially when I can make it myself.  A few choice finds at Michael’s and Marshall’s one sale got me these two memory boxes for the knitted hats and socks/booties each of my children wore the day they were born.  They each have one hanging in their room.  My 15 month old loves pointing to the ‘hat’ and ‘shoes’.

  IMG_7600

 

And I am making an effort to get my paint bag out and hit the canvas!  I have a bunch of artist’s canvas laying around, and after admiring all the beautiful red rock landscapes here in Arizona, I decided to try recreating one.  here is a loose interpretation of Bell Rock in Sedona.  Acrylic.

 IMG_7594

And here is my father’s day present to my husband.  I took profile photographs of the kids, printed them out at high contrast on 8x12 paper, cut out the silhouettes, traced them onto canvas, and then painted them with acrylic.  This is about a 16 x 20 canvas.  IMG_7611

It feels good to make paintings and wall decorations!

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to use the shadow frames! I'm going to have to dig up some of the baby knits for H&J and follow suit. I love the paintings as well. You are just so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete