Groovy Couture

IMG_6876
It has been one of those weeks where I have been ready to pull my hair out.  So today when both kids were actually asleep at the same time, and I should have been too, I finally got to make something I've been wanting to make for weeks -- a dolly dress.  From start to finish this took about 45 minutes, including pattern design, cutting, sewing, and fitting.  Then Coco woke up.  I did the final thread trimming in the afternoon.

This doll is a Groovy Girl doll.  My mother-in-law introduced me to these cuties.  She picks them up secondhand and has a drawer full of them!  I found my first one at Goodwill about a month ago.  Her name is Kelsey, according to her tag.  Her outfit was a dreadful cheerleader thing, didn't fit well.  So I decided to make her a dress to match Coco's soon-to-be-made Easter/birthday dress (hint:  this is the fabric for the dress!  Anna Maria Horner thankyou). 
IMG_6875

I forgot how much fun and satisfying it is to make a doll dress.  Really it makes me a little too happy with myself.  I have a feeling she and Coco may be matching more often...

IMG_6871

No comments:

Post a Comment