Bonnet Season

kingpod bonnet
Yesterday I made a bonnet to go with Coco's new Easter/ Birthday dress... and IT WAS SO MUCH FUN.  I used the Kingpod Bonnet pattern by Amy Karol.  Let me tell you, it was the best $8 impluse buy I've had in a while.  The pattern is wonderful -- very easy to follow but not too detailed, and leaves room for much creativity.  This pattern will be great for all the other bonnets I am now dreaming up for family and friends of all ages since the pattern has three sizes - baby, child and adult. 

I used the same Anna Maria Horner Garden Party fabric for this bonnet that I got from Sew Mama Sew.  I just love this fabric - the more I work with it the more detail I am picking up with the pattern.  I added some vintage cream and lavendar lace for decoration, and then this stretchy tulle that my mom gave me from a pair of her socks that wore out.  I was wondering what in the world I would do with this stuff, and then realized it would be the perfect straps for the bonnet - soft, stretchy, flouncy -- perfect for an Easter bonnet with frills upon it!

And this project was fast -- altogether with cutting pressing and sewing maybe an hour.  This 'topped' off my weekend very nicely with something tangible and lovely completed, amidst all the unfinished projects and the major tasks of parenting two little kids.  I love how being creative can bring such much-needed joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment